Centre of Data Science
M.Sc (Data Science) in collaboration with Cognizant
The modern world is witnessing a technology revolution due to voluminous flow of data and veracity of data. As such, there is a dire need to launch new transformational PG programme on futuristic technologies. The M.Sc (Data Science) programme which is being conducted in collaboration with Cognizant.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com.
Benefits for students:
- Industrial environment provided to students in the institute itself.
- Real-time industrial project experience while learning.
- Prospective placement opportunities.
Duration and Student Intake
- Two-year PG programmes; only 30 students will be admitted for each PG programme. Hostel facilities are available.
- For M.Sc (Data Science): Students with B.Sc (Computer Science, Information Technology, Maths/Physics/Statistics/Electronics), BCA, BE (Any Stream with Maths & Computer Science subjects)
Uniqueness of this model:
- Curriculum design of programmes framed by senior management experts of Cognizant along with academic experts of institution
- Every semester comprises of eight weeks of theory and practical classes conducted by academic experts
- Further, in every semester, twelve weeks will be exclusively allotted for project execution under the guidance of Cognizant industry experts.
- Project/Internship Certificate will be provided by Cognizant on successful completion.
- Degree Certificate will be awarded by RKMVERI
Centre of Business Analytics
B.Com (Hons.) is an innovative programme designed to inculcate business acumen in students by giving them an opportunity to work in the offices of the auditors and industries as interns during their period of study. Unlike in conventional B.Com. Programmes, students pursuing B.Com (Hons.) will have the advantage of specializing in certain subjects. The industry demand for this programme at present is much higher than the conventional B.Com. Programme. Based on statistics, only 94 colleges are offering this programme in India which includes 9 in Tamil Nadu and just one college in Coimbatore district.
Pass in HSC with (Accountancy, Commerce Business Statistics, Business Mathematics)
For More details visit : https://vucbe.org/new-courses-offers-by-department-of-computer-science/