The Vidyalaya has been rendering rural development service since the year 2002 under the title ‘Vidyalaya Integrated Rural Development Scheme’.
Economically backward residents of areas such as Arivoli Nagar, Jeeva Nagar, Ambedkar Nagar, Pudupudhur, Kuppichipalayam, Vivekanandapuram, etc. were benefited through various development activities undertaken there.
In commemoration of Swami Vivekananda’s 150th Birth Anniversary, Rural Development Work was initiated at Sri Bharati Nagar, a rural area located around 8 kms., away from Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, with the combined efforts of the extension service departments of all the institutions of the Vidyalaya.
From the year 2012, the following activities were carried out:
- A Multipurpose Hall constructed by the local municipality for conducting various activities such as balwadi classes, weekly medical camp, weekend tuitions, cultural activities, etc., was inaugurated.
- In June 2018, around 78 children were admitted to our T.A.T. Kalanilayam Middle School in Stds. I to VIII and 30 in our Swami Shivananda Higher Secondary School in std., IX and XI. These children are provided to &fro transport in our school bus, breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and tuition.
- Trained teachers conduct balwadi classes in Bharathi Nagar in which totally 25 students are studying.
- Malt distribution to the children of the locality is a regular feature.
- Children of the locality are given training in sports and games during weekends.
- NSS camps are being organized and activities such a tree plantation, overall cleaning of the village, counselling on hygiene and sanitation, etc. are carried out.
- Under the scheme for women empowerment, vocational training in tailoring is impartedto women of the area by the Industrial Training Institute in association with the local Panchayat. Many of these women secure jobs in garment factories. Assistance is given in procuring certificates and stipends from the Government for the beneficiaries.
- Five Self-help Groups are formed, each comprising 15 women.
- Disabled persons are identified and disability identity cards are procured for them by the Faculty of Disability Management and Special Education, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI).
- Cultural activities are organized and the local people are encouraged to participate in performances. Common religious occasions and local festivals are celebrated in a fitting manner. On occasions such as Deepavali, free clothes are distributed to the children in the are group of 4 to 14 years.
- As part of agricultural assistance, the Institute of Agriculture and Rural Development organizes distribution of saplings, poultry and cattle to the needy residents.
- Republic Day was celebrated on 26th January 2018.. Various competitions were conducted for the festival and prizes were distributed to the winners.
- A procession was carried out on the occasion of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna’s 184th birthday celebrations on 26 March 2019. Swami Garishthananda, Secretary, Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, participated in the ceremony and presented awards to the winners of various competitions. Monastic members, Principals, Headmasters and Teachers participated in the function. Students of Sri Bharthi Nagar performed in the cultural programme.
- Vinayaka Chaturthi Festival and Thiruvilakku Puja were celebrated in Sri Bharathi Nagar on 14 September 2018. Swami Harivratananda, in-charge, Rural Development Project, delivered a welcome address. Swami Nirmaleshananda,Assistant Secretary, Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, distributed prizesto the participantsof celebrations conducted on the occasion of Swami Vivekananda’s Chicago Lecture.
108 women from Sri Bharathi Nagar participated in the Thiruvilakku Puja.
- Deepavali gifts distribution: Sweets, crackers and new clothes for children to Sri Bharathi Nagar and Palamalai villages are distributed every year.
- Holymother Sri Saratha Devi’s 166th birthday was celebrated in Sri Bharthi Nagar on 28 December 2018. Students participated in the cultural program conducted on this occasion.
- Distress relief work was undertaken in many villages for poor and needy people by distributing clothes with the support of ITC Limited.
- School Uniform Distribution. Regular weekly medical camp is being conducted at Sri Bharathi Nagar along with some other villages in Palamalai.
Some Latest Photos