Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore, strives to infuse the educational and spiritual ideals of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda in the daily lives of its students. Swami Vivekananda advocated man-making ideal as the core of education and hence a lot of importance is given for the all-round growth of our students. Accordingly, besides regular curriculum, Vidyalaya offers various value-oriented programmes to equip them with key life skills and assist them in their personality development.
Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya organizes a variety of programmes for the welfare of the general public also. Some of the noteworthy programmes that are being organized every year are: 1) Gurupuja, a day-long public celebration of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa’s birthday, which includes bhajans, cultural programmes, talks befitting the occasion, annadanam, educational exhibition, etc.; 2) Kalamagal Vizha, a three-day event held as part of Navarathri celebrations; and 3) Youth Convention, a three-day residential event aimed at imparting values, morals and ethics for youth. Besides organizing such events, Vidyalaya undertakes rural development work and medical service for the underprivileged people residing in the neighbourhood.
A necessity has long been felt to organize more such programmes for the benefit of youth to prevent the uncontrolled erosion of moral and spiritual values in many aspects of life. Programmes that will enable youth to learn about our ancient tradition; promote shaping of a healthy society and thereby a healthy nation; and assist in career development are very much the need of the hour. With this objective in mind, an earnest attempt has now been made by Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya in commencing a centre entitled ‘Swami Vivekananda Cultural and Heritage Centre’ within the Vidyalaya Campus to provide value-oriented programmes to inspire people with the ideals of patriotism, service, integrity, social ethics and other such noble qualities. More details of this Centre are presented below:
Aim of the Centre:
The programmes will benefit students, teachers, corporate employees, employees of various other sectors and housewives.
- To provide knowledge about the glorious spiritual heritage and composite culture of India.
- To assist in personality development of aspirants.
- To create men and women of character and strength.
- To inspire aspirants with the life and messages of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.
- To impart basic understanding about Indian Philosophy and Indian Scriptures.
- To guide aspirants in developing basic skills that promote self-reliance.
- To instill patriotism, social responsibility and selfless service.
- To guide aspirants in leading a purposeful, harmonious and fulfilled life.
Proposed Programmes :
- Yoga for Health
- Culture and Heritage of India – Certificate Course
- Guided Meditation
- Personality Development
- Life Skill and Lifestyle Management
- Sports Talent Identification and Coaching
- Spoken English, Spoken Hindi and Spoken Sanskrit
- Stress Management
- Tamil Literature – Certificate Course
- Silambam (a weapon-based martial art of India)
- Roof Gardening Training for Women
- Two-wheeler Mechanic Training
- Basic training on Electrical Appliances and Plumbing
- Coaching for Competitive Examinations
- State-level Sports Competition